Every year there are thousands of people in the US who are victims of dangerous or defective products. This may come as a surprise, but the manufacturing company is liable for these products and should be held accountable for the damages you incurred.
If you are a victim of defective or dangerous products and have been injured in any way, a Rochester, NY personal injury attorney can fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
Furthermore, you may be surprised by the ordinary everyday products that pose a potential threat to your well-being. They are as follows:
- Power tools: Power tools are dangerous, and most of us are aware of this fact. However, it is the responsibility of the manufacturers to take adequate care of its design, functions, and other aspects. A defective power tool can lead to severe injuries or even be fatal.
- Vehicles: Vehicles are widely used and have become a necessity. With the increase in technology, the components in the vehicles are getting sophisticated, leading to defective components.
- Over the counter and prescription medications: Over-the-counter and prescription medications are a part of daily life for many people. However, these medicines may contain potential side effects leading to serious health complications or even death sometimes. While one of the most common reasons behind this is lack of study for the medications, the other reason may also include manufacturing defects in these medicines by the pharmaceutical department.
- Vaping products and tobacco: The adverse effects of tobacco and vaping products are known to everyone, which has led to massive litigations to tobacco company owners. Most of them are mainly due to a lack of information about the risks of these products to the consumers by the manufacturers. Vaping products, on the other hand, created a fake image that it is safer than tobacco. However, with time and research, vaping company owners continue to receive massive lawsuits from the consumers.
Additional products include:
- Children’s toys and baby products.
- Other pharmaceutical products.
- Medical equipment.
- Chemicals and other workplace materials.
Any product you use in your day-to-day life can lead to injury due to various manufacturing defects or design defects. If any product has injured you, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the manufactures with solid evidence of your injury.
These lawsuits can be pretty challenging because the manufacturer is mainly backed by lawyers fighting in their defense. Therefore, it is always better to consult a lawyer who knows better about the situation and can fight against their million dollars worth of lawyers.